Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Macchu Picchu and a whole lot of Mula ...


Lord almighty lord almighty lord oh-fugging-mighty! I just booked my airfare to Peru for the teaching month for next year. Will be incredibly awesome to do this, but the MONEY! I will struggle just to get the money together to pay for the flight and the teaching placement, and then money to take with me so I can at least go out and see some of Cuzco! I enquired about doing the Inca Trail up to Macchu Picchu (it has to be done while I'm there or else what is the point?) and I can safely say that that may be the only part of this whole expedition I can pay for without it stressing me the hell out. Yeowsaaas.

I also went through another module as part of my TEFL training. I do not recommend online study or distance education, I really don't. I need the motivation and interaction with my classmates to enliven me to get to work. Even my OTEN is starting to suffer.

Am very excited that this is all falling into place but have yet to book the annual leave for this. Have pretty much got the whole Europe thing all wrapped up and ready to go, the only thing I am saving for is the spending money while I'm there. I doubt I'll spend much once I'm on the road from Berlin to Budapest but may be doing the majority of spending in the UK and Paris. Ahhhh, Paris ...

How strange my 2010 will be. Starting it off with a civilised European jaunt and then interrupting it mid-year to take off on an adventure of a lifetime to Peru. Both plans are equally exciting, although completely different. I don't know what i want to spend my money on when I'm in Peru, but when I'm in Europe it will definitely be all about the drinking and eating. I won't really shop. I might buy a thick coat in the UK if it takes my fancy but other than that I won't do a major hit of the shops.

My next hurdle is my Financial Services course. Lord almighty again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment