Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Flights Are So Cheap I Gotta Wear Shades

It saddens me to see cheap international flight deals, particularly to South America. Why? Coz it's so easy to drop everything I am planning on, book the damn tickets and get the firetruck outta here. And why don't I do that? *Shrugs*. Something tells me I will be back home with little or no money, and I know what it's like to have little or no money. So I'm blocking all the cheap fare advertisements I am seeing for now, and hoping that when I am finally ready to get the firetruck outta here, I will have enough money for that and some to tide me over when I get back to Sydney.

In all honesty though, I feel a bit loser-ish doing this delayed gratification thing. I am a member of Gen Y after all, and this is just not the done thing for people in my generation. Aren't we about now now now, live for the moment, all of that stuff? It would be great to be able to live like that, but I have never earned the money for it. So I will just sit here and wait till the timing is right and all the stars are aligned before I book anything. I'm kind of waiting for the perfect opportunity to do this all. I could save money for a down payment on a house, but where's the fun in that? Once I start complaining about the mortgage repayments, that will be the end of me wanting to go on big trips. I could marry rich, but I can't even date poor so that's out of the question.

Ohhhhhhhh but it's soooooo fuckin killing me!!!! I hate you Webjet.

1 comment:

  1. A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent (which I cannot deny myself to be without being impious) will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.Flights to Addis Ababa

    ReplyDelete