Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ohhhhhh, OTEN!!!

OTEN student support services are bugging the hell out of me, it must be said. Here's my original email to them (note the date):

Sent: Saturday, 1 August 2009 3:12 PM
To: Businessmarketing, Oten
Subject: Communicate in the Workplace unit no FNSICGEN301B

Hi, I'm fairly new to OTEN and I'm a little bit confused. I wanted to start the "Communicate in the Workplace" unit but when I went through the CDs for this I found out that I needed a textbook. I've already order the textbook through the Co-op bookshop site, but I wanted to know if I could go through the toolbox CD while I was waiting for the textbook to arrive? I've also read through the Learning Resource overview and there is a learning plan, but do I do this while I'm reading the textbook and do the chapters relate to what I'm up to in the learning plan? My OTEN number is ********** and I've just started the Cert IV in Financial Business. Please feel free to contact me via email or on 1234 567 890.

Thanks

I just checked my email today and here's the response they gave (again, note the date):


Thursday, 13 August, 2009 3:33 PM
From: "Businessmarketing, Oten"

Good to hear from you.

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. You are welcome to work through the Toolbox, although I'm sure the textbook has arrived by now!

Kind regards
Finance Teacher
OTEN Marketing and Financial Services

I swear, WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Could they not tell from my original email that I am in a state of complete confusion about this whole OTEN self-study thing??? Ohhh my lord OTEN. Still, I have to admit, the times I do study I do really get into it. I went to uni straight after high school, so all my academic study has been done with plenty of theory whereas TAFE seems to give you theory based in practice. Or maybe it's because I'm been working for a good decade and I can see the theory I'm learning in my every day work situations. *Siiigh*. I just hope I get through all the modules on time. I don't want to fork over another $900-odd for next year only to have gotten through like 2 units so far ...

No comments:

Post a Comment